APS = Advanced Planning System: flexibly plan and optimally execute customer orders
Detailed planning of your customer orders
The APS module in MEScontrol.net guarantees optimal scheduling of your customer orders. The module splits a customer order into several operations. An operation is every process or semi-manufacture that makes up an order. The Advanced Planning System automatically plans these operations at work centres. The module takes account of a number of matters during planning:
- The APS module groups or splits the operations in order to optimise the load on work centres and to reduce the lead time of operations.
- The Advanced Planning System also takes into account the available resources (e.g. machinery, materials and personnel) and constraints or restrictions (e.g. cost price, lead time, changeover time, materials) when planning operations in work centres.
Planning is always adjusted in the context of changing factors and you will be informed in time about potential bottlenecks (via clear reports) that could hinder the implementation of scheduled customer orders. It means you will never be faced with surprises.
Just-in-time planning for efficient stock management
The detailed planning provided by the APS module is synchronised with the centralised stock management. This allows you to respond to real material requirements on the shop floor and to add to stocks just-in-time.
Advantages of the BrightEye® APS module
- Optimal planning of your customer orders in work centres.
- Real-time monitoring and feedback = quickly find out about bottlenecks.
- Production lead time is visibly reduced = profit!
Interested in our APS module? Contact us